This is a simple favorite that will be an instant hit wherever you take it! This recipe is great because it only has three ingredients, but looks sophisticated. Even the most timid cooks can do it. I have taken it to our neighborhood girls night party because this pairs really, really well with a big glass of red wine! I also took it to my sister’s house for Christmas dinner, and it was gobbled up quickly.
30 stalks of asparagus (I prefer them on the skinny side)
10 thin slices of prosciutto (room temperature)
2 Tbsp. of grated Parmesan cheese
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute, then transfer to an ice water bath. It should be bright green, but still firm.
- Remove and pat dry.
- Slice the prosciutto into thirds, lengthwise. You want long, skinny strips.
- Wrap each stalk of asparagus, in a spiral fashion, with a strip of prosciutto. Wrap from the base of the stalk to just below the flowery tip.
- Repeat until each stalk is wrapped.
- Line up the wrapped stalks on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or until the prosciutto looks a bit crispy.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a platter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese & serve.