‘Tis the season of brunches, showers, and gatherings. As we all emerge from our winter hibernation, we seek time with friends and family. We also are juggling entertaining opportunities to celebrate holidays, sacraments, showers, and time with friends and family. One way to make these get togethers feel a bit more fancy is with a mimosa bar!
This is an easy entertaining trick that is a real crowd pleaser.
What you need:
- Glass carafe- one for each type of juice or nectar (I got mine from Wal-Mart for a few dollars)
- Wine glasses (many places sell the stemless variety for $1)
- Champagne, prosecco, or any other variety of sparking wine.
- Nectar- I prefer mango & pear
- Juice- Orange, pineapple, & pomegranate are good choices
- Fresh fruit- I chose raspberries & star fruit, but you can add any variety.
How it works:
- Set up the mimosa station where guests can easily access it.
- Pour nectar and juice into the carafe
- Slice fruit and place in pretty bowls
- Arrange glasses
- Open chilled Champagne bottles
- Encourage guests to mix and match flavors.
- Pour a few ounces of champagne into the glass, then add nectar and/or juice, and garnish with fruit.
Sometimes we just want to feel special and fancy.
Sometimes we just want to spice things up.
Sometimes we are just too lazy to make sangria
Well, I was thrilled and inspired by my friend, Carly, the other night. She had a few girls over to catch up and see her new house. When we arrived, we were all intrigued with a beautiful plate of fruit and adornments that she had placed next to the open bottles of wine. All of us were excited to dress up our simple glasses of reds and whites, to resemble something more sophisticated and sexy.
What really caught my eye was the sugared rosemary. I was totally enamored with the idea of such conflicting flavors, not to mention that it looked like a little frozen branch of evergreen to compliment a winter drink. This concept was so simple yet sophisticated.
I also preferred to think that I was totally making my wine more healthy, therefore part of my diet. I will continue to believe this every time I slip out of compliance, for that is what makes me happy!
Whether you are hosting a girls night out, Valentine’s Day dinner, or a cozy night in by the fire, I highly encourage you to sexify your wine. It just makes you feel more special!
Ingredients: (You can be more creative, feel free to add or change)
- Pomegranate Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 starfruit, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced (I used Cara Cara oranges)
- 1 pint of raspberries
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- 8-10 small sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- spray bottle of water
- Wine of your choice, red or white (I used Prosecco & Pinot Noir)
- Wash & dry all fruit.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Slice the oranges, starfruit, and strawberries.
- Spritz the rosemary with water.
- Dredge each sprig through the sugar, shaking off the excess.
- Arrange on a platter and open wine.
Mixing the Drink:
- Place desired fruit in the bottom of the wine glass.
- Pour selected wine over the fruit.
- Repeat with each refill. You can keep the same fruit in your glass, or snack on the fruit and add more with each serving of wine.