I love risotto and all its creamy goodness, but I hate that you have to just stand by, stirring and adding broth. Its like babysitting. I have 3 kids. I do not need the added responsibility of babysitting food. So, here is a recipe for an easy weeknight risotto. No stirring, adding, stirring, and adding, jsut mix and bake. It’s simple, tasty, and a hit with my kids.
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour the butter in a 9×13 baking dish
- Add the Arborio rice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour the chicken broth over and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
These enchiladas are a regular in my weeknight dinner rotation. I love them because they are easy, picky-kid approved, and my family leaves the table happy with full bellies. I also love this recipe because it allows room for creativity. You can add ingredients such as beans, tomatoes, pepper, beef, or chicken to suit your families likes. You could even go crazy and hide some finely chopped zucchini if you are trying to secretly increase your family’s veggie intake. ( I won’t tell!)
4 boneless chicken breasts (or you can use ground beef)
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 cans of Enchilada sauce
1 8oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of medium tortilla shells
- Brown 4 boneless chicken breasts in a skillet and chop them in your food processor– (you can use ground chicken or beef too)
- Put chicken back into the skillet & add 1 packet of taco seasoning and 1 can of enchilada sauce. Add 1/2 a bag of shredded cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.
- Coat a casserole dish with 1/2 a can of enchilada sauce
- Spoon a glob of the meat mixture onto a tortilla shell– you can also add some chopped peppers & tomatoes if you like.
- Roll up the Enchilada and line them up in the dish seam side down.
- Once they are all rolled up, pour the remaining sauce over the dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
***Serve with saffron rice and steamed broccoli