A recipe from the Fabulous Food Fairy.
- Olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 pkg. Chorizo Sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can of Hunt’s Fire Roasted Tomatoes (14.5oz.)
- 1 can of tomato puree (28oz.)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of light cream
- 1 box of penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes, drain, and set aside
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add sausage and peppers and cook for 5-7 minutes more, until chicken is no longer pink inside
- Remove cooked ingredients from the skillet into a large pasta bowl and set aside
- Pour tomatoes, tomato puree, minced garlic, and cream to the pan. Simmer on low heat to allow the flavors to blend—about 10 minutes. (season with salt and pepper to taste, or add a dash of sugar if you like it a bit sweet)
- Toss all of the ingredients in the pasta bowl and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and tuck chunks of mozzarella throughout the warm pasta.