‘Tis the season of brunches, showers, and gatherings. As we all emerge from our winter hibernation, we seek time with friends and family. We also are juggling entertaining opportunities to celebrate holidays, sacraments, showers, and time with friends and family. One way to make these get togethers feel a bit more fancy is with a mimosa bar!
This is an easy entertaining trick that is a real crowd pleaser.
What you need:
- Glass carafe- one for each type of juice or nectar (I got mine from Wal-Mart for a few dollars)
- Wine glasses (many places sell the stemless variety for $1)
- Champagne, prosecco, or any other variety of sparking wine.
- Nectar- I prefer mango & pear
- Juice- Orange, pineapple, & pomegranate are good choices
- Fresh fruit- I chose raspberries & star fruit, but you can add any variety.
How it works:
- Set up the mimosa station where guests can easily access it.
- Pour nectar and juice into the carafe
- Slice fruit and place in pretty bowls
- Arrange glasses
- Open chilled Champagne bottles
- Encourage guests to mix and match flavors.
- Pour a few ounces of champagne into the glass, then add nectar and/or juice, and garnish with fruit.