Looking for a new way to cook carrots? This is a simple way to update this Easter staple, giving it a complex flavor. While the finished dish looks sophisticated and gourmet, the recipe is really very easy and mess free!
- 8-10 whole carrots, cleaned and sliced in half, lengthwise
- 4Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clementine
- Preheat oven to 425°, & line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine oil, vinegar, and the zest of 1 clementine in a glass bowl, & whisk together. Save the clementine.
- Coat the carrots with the vinegar blend.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender, but not mushy. (Insert a fork to assess the firmness)
- Remove from the oven and squeeze the juice of the clementine over the carrots.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm.