As the Fabulous Food Fairy, two of my favorite words are…DINNER PARTY!! I love the idea of gathering with friends, for adult time, where I actually get to do my make-up, dress in a fun outfit, sip “mommy drinks” and have intellectual conversation without coaxing a few more bites, or imploring my dinner companions to sit down, don’t talk with your mouth full, and KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!!
However, this dinner party is different. It is entirely virtual, so forget the hair and make-up, stay in your yoga pants (or as I call them “buffet pants”) and come to our table to “feast” your eyes on these spectacular recipes for every course, plus tips for pulling it all together!
Here are the rules:
Use the links below, to click “door to door”, visiting various blogs, and experience all that these fabulous women have to offer. If you find something really great, send it to your friends, pin it to your boards, or share it on your Facebook page. Because unlike an actual dinner party, the more the merrier, there’s plenty to go around.
To get the full Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party blog hop experience, click the links below in order:
Coffee, Tea & Dessert
Decorations, Outfits and Music
Hope you have as much fun reading through the party as we did planning it!
Roasted Tomato Caprice in Garlic Bread Bowls
Have you ever had an idea that you knew, from the moment it popped into your head, that it was brilliance? That is this recipe for me. I was charged with the task of creating an original appetizer recipe and this little goodie came seemingly out of nowhere!
I LOVE roasted tomatoes.
I LOVE basil.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE balsamic vinegar.
I REALLY REALLY LOVE garlic.
In one stroke of creative genus, all of my loves came together into one amazing appetizer that just may cause you to skip dinner.
Here it is…
So, wanna know how to make it?
Ok. Here goes.
Roasted tomatoes (click here for the recipe)
4 large dinner rolls
3 Tbsp. of melted butter
1 tsp. of garlic season all
1 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese– I used the small beads of mozzarella
3/4 cup of basil leaves
2 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
4 tsp. of parmesan cheese
1. Prepare roasted tomatoes according to the recipe. (this can be done up to a day ahead)
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Use a knife to cut a circular divot out of the center of each roll, leaving the bottom intact, creating a mini bread bowl.
4. Mix the melted butter and garlic seasoning and brush each bread bowl inside and out with the mixture.
5. Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake until crispy with slightly brown edges.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
7. Meanwhile, toss the roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinegar.
8. Once the bread bowls cool a bit (you want them a little bit warm, but not warm enough to melt the cheese) place each one on a small plate.
9. Spoon the caprice salad neatly into each bowl.
10. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and drizzle with the balsamic glaze in a side to side sweeping motion.
I take no responsibility if your dinner guests scarf down this appetizer, ask for seconds, and don’t have room for the main course 🙂 At least, that’s what happened at my house when I made them for the first time 🙂