I love Cajun food, and I have a favorite local Cajun restaurant that serves the tastiest Cajun pierogies. Well, the other day, I found myself craving this awesomeness, and dinner out was not in the plans, so I embarked on a mission to recreate them at home. Warning, this is kind of a slacker/cheater recipe. I did not go as far as making my own pierogies. I’m an Irish girl, and really have no experience with them other than what I have ordered out. I purchased Wegmans brand roasted garlic pierogies, but you can also use a classic cheddar variety. This is a simple recipe that can be whipped up quickly, without many ingredients, so you may want to keep a box of pierogies in your freezer, so you can whip these suckers up in an appetizer or dinner emergency!
- 1 box of frozen pierogies (I used Wegmans brand roasted garlic flavor)
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- 1 large shallot
- 3-4 Tbsp of Cajun Seasoning
- Thaw pierogies according to the package instructions.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and add sliced shallots.
- Add pierogies, sprinkle generously with Cajun seasoning, and brown each side for about 3-4 minutes. Be sure to season each side.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately, topped with the sautéed shallots.
Serving Suggestion: These pair very well with Crawfish Garlic Toast for a Cajun themed dinner!