Meals on Wheels Delaware is hosting the ultimate foodies’ dream event. On Sunday, April 21, several of North America’s top chefs will be in Wilmington cooking decadent food for lucky ticket holders at the Meals from the Masters Brunch. This is an event that I wouldn’t miss! Tickets are still available, so please join me at this once in a lifetime culinary event.
Event: Sixteenth Annual Celebrity Chefs’ Brunch
When: Sunday, April 21st
Time: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Where: The Hercules Plaza in Downtown Wilmington.
Tickets: $175 — Guests will have the opportunity to sample dishes by international and
nationally celebrated chefs. Tickets can be purchased by clicking here: www.mealsonwheelsde.org
This year’s presenting chefs include:
• Norman Aitken from Juniper Restaurant and Wine Bar in Canada
• Food Network Canada host, Michael Blackie
• Kurt Boucher an Iron Chef Contestant
• Jay Caputo a 2012 James Beard Semi-finalist
• Dana Cree featured on Food Network’s “No Reservations”
• Francois Gagnon from Top Chef Canada
• Rick Gresh a James Beard Rising Star of American Cuisine
• Bruce Moffett a 2009 James Beard Nominee
• Davide Pugliese from the British Virgin Islands
• Nathan Rich winner of the 2012 Relais and Chateaux Rising Chef Award
• Matthew Ridgway, owner and chef of PorcSalt, a Bucks County charcuterie.
• Holly Smith a 2008 James Beard Best Chef Northwest and Iron Chef Contestant
• Daniel Stern chef of Philadelphia’s R2L
• Giuseppe Tentori a 2013 James Beard Semi-finalist – Best Chef Midwest
• Tyler Wiard a 2012 Top Chef Seattle Contestant
A full list of ‘Meals from the Masters’ participants is available at www.mealsonwheelsde.org
Here is a little background information about this great organization and it’s efforts to feed Delaware’s senior residents.
“Meals from the Masters” is the largest fundraiser held by Meals on Wheels throughout the year,
allowing meal delivery programs throughout Delaware to continue to provide 630,000 hot,
nutritious meals on a daily basis to over 4,000 homebound seniors statewide. Without a
resource like Meals On Wheels Delaware many of Delaware’s seniors would be placed on
waiting list, unsure where or when their next meal was coming. These fundraising efforts ensure
no eligible senior goes hungry throughout the year and even the most vulnerable citizens within
our community are given something to look forward to each day: a caring volunteer bringing a
hot meal, friendly smile and warm conversation.”