I know it’s February, in Pennsylvania, but I am a summer girl. I go through withdraw from all things warm and sunny, so sometimes I buck the season and remind myself that the best part of the year is not too far away. Take for example last night, some of the girls in my neighborhood got together for a mommy/kid mixer. I was planning to bring a bottle of white wine to nicely complement my shrimp dish, but then I decided it was too cold to pack up the kids and head to the liquor store. What to do? While scouring the freezer for the bag of shrimp, I stumbled across a forgotten can of limeade, sitting next to a baggie of frozen raspberries, and the wheels of my mind started to turn. I was going to recapture the brief feeling of summer. Dump. Mix. Taste. Smile.
It was the right call. The pitcher looked beautiful, and the tart taste of lime and raspberry hit the spot! Now I’m just waiting for that random spring day to prematurely break out my flip flops…
(Makes 1 large pitcher)
- 2 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 16 ounces of tequila (or more if you are so inclined)
- 12 ounces of triple sec
- 12 ounces of club soda
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen raspberries (or mixed berries)
- crushed ice
- 1 lime sliced into wedges for each glass or sliced into circles to float in a pitcher
- margarita salt (to rim glasses if desired)
- Combine limeade,tequila,triple sec, club soda, and berries in a pitcher, mixing well.
- Pour into a margarita or large goblet with crushed ice. Rim with lime and salt if desired.
- Serve with lime slice as a garnish.