Spaghetti and meatballs may be the greatest form of comfort food. Sometimes you crave it on a cold, blustery day when you are looking for something to warm you from the inside out. And other times, I think it is the perfect way to fill a belly after an exhausting summer day at the pool. The bottom line is that this is a great go to meal that is sure to please!
1. Put 2 lbs. of ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mince the garlic. A good garlic press is essential to any kitchen. You would be wise to invest in a good one.
3. Add the remaining ingredients. If your kids like to cook with you, this is a good task for them. I know that my little helpers like to help me measure and “dump” it all in the bowl.
4. Use your hands (or your stand mixer if the thought of raw meat skeeves you) to blend the mixture well.
5. Roll meatballs to about the size of a golf ball.
6. Place meatballs in even rows onto a parchment lined baking pan.
7. Bake about 30 minutes at 375.
8. Heat up 2-4 quarts of Positively Perfect Pasta Sauce
9. I enhance my sauce with 1/4 cup of red wine, 4 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons each of fresh basil & fresh oregano. (optional)
10. Drop cooked meatballs into a boiling pot of Positively Perfect Pasta Sauce.
Serve over spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and a big slab of garlic bread!
2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon of dried basil
4-6 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl by hand.
2. If you are skeeved by raw meat, use a stand mixer on low speed until blended.
3. Roll meatballs to about the size of a golf ball.
4. Place meatballs in even rows onto a parchment lined baking pan.
5. Bake about 30 minutes at 375.
6. Drop into a boiling pot of Positively Perfect Pasta Sauce.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. (The longer, the better)
**serve over spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and a big slab of garlic bread!