A great way to serve this traditional favorite!
Sweet Potato Gratin
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup of heavy cream
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a 2 qt. shallow casserole dish or large ceramic pie plate.
- Coat dish with oil and sprinkle with garlic.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a single layer of potato slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat until all the potatoes are used.
- Pour cream over the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes ( may take longer if your dish is deeper or if the slices are thicker) until the potatoes are tender and the top is browned.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.