Buffalo Chicken Soup
The best spicy flavor
It is something to savor
With a fresh hot pretzel
Or a cold frosty beer
The new soup of the season
Is finally here!
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 large carrot
- 3 small celery stalks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 -3/4 C. of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese or blue cheese crumbles to sprinkle on top of each bowl
- Salt & pepper
1. Melt 1 stick of butter in a large saucepan.
2. Use a food processor to finely chop the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic, and saute in the butter for 2 minutes.
3. Add the flour and stir constantly to make a roux.
4. Cook until the roux is a light brown color.
5. In another saucepan, combine the shredded chicken and the stock.
6. Heat until it boils.
7. Pour the boiling stock & chicken slowly into the saucepan with the roux, whisking briskly so it doesn’t lump.
8. Continue to cook over low heat and bring to a boil. The mixture will become thick.
9. In a small saucepan, gently heat the half-and-half and hot sauce.
10. Stir it into the soup gently until incorporated.
11. Add the salt and pepper, to taste.
Serving Suggestions—Top each bowl with either shredded cheddar cheese or blue cheese crumbles. It would also pair well with a fresh soft pretzel.